YOUR FESTIVAL NEEDS YOU!!
The International Festival of Glass and British Glass Biennale are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated volunteers. If you can offer your time, we can offer you an experience not to be missed.
In 2012 you can be involved in two ways:
• Become a Festival Volunteer: As part of the International Festival of Glass, Stourbridge welcomes thousands of visitors from all over the world for a four day public festival across the August bank holiday weekend. The Festival needs volunteers across this weekend to undertake events stewarding tasks both in the days and evenings. If possible, we would like volunteers to commit to two or more days between 24-27 August 2012.
• Be part of the British Glass Biennale Team: The British Glass Biennale is the UK’s major exhibition of contemporary glass. The exhibition needs volunteers to help with the set up and break down of the exhibition; gallery and sales staff; and Awards Evening stewards. Again, if possible we are looking for volunteers who can work blocks of 2 or more days either between 6 and 17 August for the set up, and/or as a gallery assistant during the exhibition itself from 23 August to 15 September 2012.
In return for your hard work, you can expect:
• The chance to be a part of the UK’s greatest gathering of glass enthusiasts
• Free entry to Ruskin Glass Centre each working day, to enjoy the Festival in your time off
• Free ticket to the Festival Finale, followed by a Volunteers’ after party.
• A reference to add to your CV
• Subsidised Camping for volunteers during the Festival (24-27 August) if you commit to two days or more
• Lunch on the days you volunteer
• A rota system to ensure that volunteers get to enjoy the festival as a visitor too
• A free catalogue for the British Glass Biennale Team who volunteer for 5 or more days
Please let us know if you are interested by emailing us at Volunteers@ifg.org.uk We will email you a form so that you can indicate availability and preferences.