The International Festival of Glass and British Glass Biennale are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated volunteers. If you can offer your time, we can offer you an experience not to be missed.
"That was such unforgettable experience!! I truly recommend volunteering in Glass Festival to everyone! To be surrounded by AMAZING glass art and people!!!" Annika Rajamäki, Volunteer 2012, Finland
In 2015 you can be involved in two ways:
• Become a Festival Volunteer: As part of the International Festival of Glass, Stourbridge welcomes thousands of visitors from all over the world for a four day Public Festival. The Festival needs volunteers across this weekend to undertake events stewarding tasks both in the days and evenings. If possible, we would like volunteers to commit to two or more days between 25 - 31 May 2015.
• Be part of the British Glass Biennale Team: The British Glass Biennale is the UK’s major exhibition of contemporary glass. The exhibition needs volunteers to help with the set up and break down of the exhibition; gallery and sales staff; and Awards Evening stewards. Again, if possible we are looking for volunteers who can work blocks of 2 or more days either during the set up, and/or as a gallery assistant during the exhibition itself.
In return for your hard work, you can expect:
• The chance to be a part of the UK’s greatest gathering of glass enthusiasts
• Free entry to Ruskin Glass Centre each working day, to enjoy the Festival in your time off
• Free ticket to the Festival Finale, followed by a Volunteers’ after party.
• A reference to add to your CV
• Subsidised Camping for volunteers during the Public Festival if you commit to two days or more
• Lunch on the days you volunteer
• A rota system to ensure that volunteers get to enjoy the festival as a visitor too
• A free catalogue for the British Glass Biennale Team who volunteer for 5 or more days
Please let us know if you are interested in volunteering by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closer to the time, we will email you a form so that you can indicate your availability and preferences.